In A Quick Pinch....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In A Quick Pinch....

....can i use a 4 or a 5-way switch to hold me over for my 2 Antiquity H'buckers with standard 3-way options? A scheme would be grateful~
    Many thnx in advance.....

A 4-way could be made to work, but would have either an empty/dead position or a duplicate neck or bridge positions

A standard Fender 5-way could be made to work, but the middle 3 positions would all be both pickups.

A 5-way super switch type could be made to work, but you'd either have duplicate positions or empty/dead positions, depending on how you do it.

You could just get a Fender 3-way like Telecasters use and then it would work normal.

This is to hold you over until what?

Comment

until I get out of 'spending too much jail', & I also have an overflow of 5-ways since I've migrated to 4's (B-BM-BN-N)
      Thnx BB

Comment

Suggestions:

1. Use a standard 4-way and wire it like a 4-way Tele so you get both humbuckers in series in P4. There are plenty of four way telecaster wiring diagrams out there to copy, but remember the humbucker bare wires always go to ground, never through a switch.
        2. Use a 5 way superswitch and wire it to auto coil split the bridge humbucker in P1 or P2 and the neck humbucker in P4 or P5. P3 would be both pickups, coil split or not, as you decide.
        Last edited by ThreeChordWonder; 02-05-2023, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X