got a harley benton h/s/h

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a harley benton h/s/h

just got harley benton fusion 2 h/s/h body: Nyatoh (Palaquium spp roasted maple neck fret board.has roswell pickups they sound bright to me.and yes i used the tone knob.5 way switch.im wondering never had a h/s/h guitar before what would you recommend as good pickups for this?and volume more consistent level.and without hum.thanks

depends on what you want out of the guitar, but for a great all around balanced set, id go patb1 neck and bridge with a stks6 middle. if you dont like the look of the, then whole lotta humbucker neck, and one of the custom models (sh5, sh11, sh14) for the bridge

Comment

There are many combinations of pickups that can work well in your guitar, but we need a little more info first. What kind of music are you playing? There are a whole host of less-bright pickups, but I wanna know what music you want to play.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If Alnico 5s are too bright, might need something like a Custom Custom bridge and Alnico 2 Pro neck. Not sure what would be a good middle single for that. Mincer and Jeremy have better/more experience with single I think.

Comment

Off topic but grats on the HB. I have a single cut model and I LOVE it. The hype is legit. These are great guitars for the money.

Comment

As Mincer said, without having some more info about what you're going for overall musically and tone-wise besides just "less bright" etc., there's loads of various options that can be given.

I had a HB Fusion II for a while. I actually thought it was a nice guitar for the most part especially for the price. I was underwhelmed with the Roswell pickups. I'd heard some people claiming they were good, and maybe they were for them but I found them just on the overly bright side and lacked punch. I got that guitar when I was heavily in an Andy Larocque phase so I loaded it up with a Custom Custom (sh-11) in the bridge and a 59 in the neck and that worked out quite well for me. I left the middle pickup stock, didn't utilize it really. Kinda wish I had held onto that guitar but someone I knew wanted it and made a good offer so off it went.

Comment

Hope you are happy with the Harley. I and many of my acquaintances own one.Some have more. Excellent guitars despite the relatively low price. I have no experience with your actual model but the stock Roswell Hum Bucker is usually a good all round one. Similar in spec I understand to the Duncan Designed 59. set, It seems to suit the CT24 and I can only assume from my ,limited knowledge that brightness is contributed to by the maple bolt on neck of the fusion as opposed to the mahogany set neck of the CT24.

I am sure someone hear can recommend a good PU for a bright guitar. Sometimes an improvement can be had by fitting 250k pots and fiddling with the pup heights

Comment

I bought my HB fully planning on upgrading the pickups. But it took me the better part of a year to get around to it, simply because the stock pups sounded so good. As good or better than any stock Epiphone I've ever played, that's for sure. I enjoyed them thoroughly before I swapped in some Duncans.

Comment

Working...
                X