Fishman Fluence neck pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fishman Fluence neck pickups?

I'm debating about what to use in my Gibson. I settled on the Modern Alnico in the bridge. I liked the Modern Ceramic, the KSE Ceramic, and the Adler Bridge for different reasons, but ultimately, I think I'm an Alnico guy.

But now I'm left with the question about what to use in the neck. I just don't like the Modern Ceramic or the KSE Ceramic in the neck. They're cool for cutting lead tones, but I feel they're too fierce-sounding for cleans. Plus since the Modern Alnico's Voice 2 is not uber hot, Voice 2 on both Ceramics overpower the Alnico Bridge if I set Voice 1's volumes to match.

The KSE Alnico is OK... but I feel it's a bit dark for the Modern Alnico. I've always felt the Modern Alnico is slightly brighter when comparing both Voice 1's. Plus the looks don't match because it has the gray squiggle instead of being plain black.

I hate the Classic Neck all-around. Weak, plinky, and underpowered. I love the Classic Bridge because it has the hot-rod voicing, but Voice 2 on the Classic Neck is still pretty low-output, just EQ'd differently. Plus it hasn't got an active voicing to match the Moderns' Voice 1. Plus the looks don't match.

So honestly, I'm left with the option of the Tosin Neck or a second Modern Alnico for the neck. Which would YOU choose? I'm aware they don't sell the Tosins sepparately, but I do have another Les Paul that can house the Tosin Bridge. But honestly, the safest and cheapest bet would be the Modern Alnico. I'm not sure I want to play it safe here, though, becuse I do like trying other pickups out.

I'm honestly considering an EMG 60A in the neck as well, LOL, but I'm not sure about the looks.

What would you do in my situation? Or is there another option I'm missing?
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-24-2023, 08:52 PM.

Have you tried the classic bridge in the neck?

Comment

No, but the look wouldn't match, LOL. Plus it hasn't got an active voicing.

Comment

I know, the look is always an issue. You might want to try doing an modern alnico in the neck and put a dB jumper on it.

Just looked through all my fluence pickups and I only have a brushed ceramic modern, otherwise outside of classics and single coils, I have a lot of signatures.

Comment

Have you tried a 60A? I was expecting more of the 60’s cutting highs but I thought it was surprisingly tubby. Maybe I was expecting a subtle shift of the 60 instead of a different pickup.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

What are you using the neck pickup for? Given how picky you are I would just put the Fishman that matches the aesthetic but leave it disconnected. You can also try finding some of Fluences that Epiphone was using in the prophecy line.
            "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by TVFV View Post
              What are you using the neck pickup for? Given how picky you are I would just put the Fishman that matches the aesthetic but leave it disconnected. You can also try finding some of Fluences that Epiphone was using in the prophecy line.
              Cleans and leads. Honestly, I was in love with the Fluence Modern Alnico and the KSE Alnico. I just love active neck pickups in general. But I think I'd be happier with the Modern Alnico than the KSE Alnico here because a. it's slightly brighter in both voices, b. both voicing would be exactly the same output, so I know I can get them to balance if I just lower the neck pickup a bit, and c. the looks would match.

Honestly, I'd just settle (and probably be happy enough) with the KSE Alnico if it weren't for the gray squiggle, and the fact that Voice 2 is slightly hotter than the Modern Alnico's Voice 2.

But I also kinda want to try the Tosins, LOL
              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-25-2023, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by krovatron View Post
                I know, the look is always an issue. You might want to try doing an modern alnico in the neck and put a dB jumper on it.

Just looked through all my fluence pickups and I only have a brushed ceramic modern, otherwise outside of classics and single coils, I have a lot of signatures.
                Oh, I don't think they'd be hard to balance at all. After all, the Ceramic and Alnico in Voice 1 are pretty much the same output level, and they balance without issues easily.

Comment

Working...
                X