Seymour Duncan Pickup Finder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Pickup Finder

So I just used Seymour Duncan's pickup finder for my Charvel Model 5FX: I play: Hard Rock/Metal, I want: More versatility, Bridge type: Locking Tremolo, Wood fretboard: Rosewood, Wood Guitar Body: Basswoord/Poplar and it suggested these 3 sets below - Note I did not include middle position single coil as my 5fx has humbucKer in bridge and slant single coil in neck:

Set 1:
    Neck
    Vintage Staggered Strat

Bridge
    JB Model™

Set 2:
    Neck
    Custom Staggered™ Strat

Bridge
    Duncan Distortion™

Set 3:
    Neck
    Cool Rails™ Strat

Bridge
    Jason Becker

Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
    Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
    Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
    2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
    1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
    Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
    Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
    Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

What does 'More versatility' mean to you? Like, what sound are you getting now, and how do you want to change it?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      What does 'More versatility' mean to you? Like, what sound are you getting now, and how do you want to change it?
      More versatility as in our covers band plays Classic rock/hard rock/80's hair metal etc. The sound I'm getting now is just thin and sterile and uninspiring. How I'd like to change it is for it to be more full sounding and be able to cut through the mix and when I'm soloing for the solos to stand out but not be ice picky.
      Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
      Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
      2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
      1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
      Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
      Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
      Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

I'd say a JB with a Classic Stack in the neck. If you don't want something as high of an output as a JB, then I'd go for the Hybrid in the bridge and use a boost pedal when you need it.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X