Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bare Knuckle covers on SDs

Hi all,

I've got a Les Paul Custom loaded with Bare Knuckle Black Dogs in the bridge and neck. I want to give it a revamp with a JB in the bridge.

Now, I really like the covers that bare knuckle use and the existing gold covers are nice and naturally aged. I would also like both pickups to match. So my question is, if I get an uncovered JB, could I chuck the bare knuckle cover on it? Or would the pole screws not line up fully? Has anyone done this?

It doesn't make sense to spend loads extra on a new covered pickup if I can just swap them over.

Is the JB a standard spaced humbucker (a la vintage 50's spacing)? You'll have to check if Bare Knuckle uses standard/vintage spaced covers. I have a Black Dog in my LP with a 59 in the neck, but they are both uncovered, so I haven't tried what you're wanting to do.

Comment

put the jb top to top with the bridge pup and see if the poles line up

Comment

No. Won't fit. SD has a 49mm spacing and a 52.6mm tb spacing. Bkp is 50 and 53.

Don't bother pulling off the cover. It won't work. I promise you.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          No. Won't fit. SD has a 49mm spacing and a 52.6mm tb spacing. Bkp is 50 and 53.

Don't bother pulling off the cover. It won't work. I promise you.
          That's what I needed to know. Might have to go with the bare knuckle equivalent of a JB so I still get a matching pair to look at

Comment

I put a Duncan cover on a BKP true grit neck problem no problem, lined up just fine.

Comment

Working...
            X