No announcement yet.

Slash set too bright in lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanna ask...did this guitar have any other pickups in there before the Slash set, and what did they sound like?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks all for help and recomendation, i will begin the investogation when i am over with the devorce im current in,
      i will also make a recording with the tone controls different position from 10 to 1, so you Can hear the brightness before doing anything

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I wanna ask...did this guitar have any other pickups in there before the Slash set, and what did they sound like?
        It was the Stock Gibson buckers, which to my ears was were bland souinding, tried to like them the first 3 month i had the guitar but it was meh at best

Comment

Originally posted by Batman89 View Post

It was the Stock Gibson buckers, which to my ears was were bland souinding, tried to like them the first 3 month i had the guitar but it was meh at best
          But other than sounding bland (I agree, here), they didn't sound overtly bright?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Slash can be a bit bright but not harsh or shrill sounding? Never heard that comment about that pickup, especially in a LP? WOuld love to hear a soundclip.

Comment

I tested the Slash version of these pickups a long time ago and thought they were too bright...
              The regular version is amazing though.

Here's a recent video with the regular A2P in a LP signature T, I played the solo of Don't Cry:
              Slash...the guitar tone monster!!Guitar Solos Collection:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8uGi_UbMlYbjVRo8feJDgh5pJSNKiaDMariosyjp Original Songs:htt...

500K pots all around

Comment

Originally posted by mariosyjp View Post
                I tested the Slash version of these pickups a long time ago and thought they were too bright...
                The regular version is amazing though.

Here's a recent video with the regular A2P in a LP signature T, I played the solo of Don't Cry:
                Slash...the guitar tone monster!!Guitar Solos Collection:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLO8uGi_UbMlYbjVRo8feJDgh5pJSNKiaDMariosyjp Original Songs:htt...

500K pots all around
                I'm not hearing too bright there . . . nice playing though!
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

I'm not hearing too bright there . . . nice playing though!
                  Thanks! Well, these are the regular A2P's....

Comment

I know what A2P in an LP sounds like, and to get the tone in the video, to my ears, it sounds like your amp is plenty bright and tight. I can see Slashes seeming even brighter through that. But I also think adjusting tones on either/or both the guitar and/or the amp would solve it. I can't picture them being so vastly different that you need a different set of pickups altogether. But maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X