banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Bridge P-Rail PUP in Bridge and Middle Locations (No Neck PUP)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Bridge P-Rail PUP in Bridge and Middle Locations (No Neck PUP)?

I have two P-Rail Bridge PUP and considering to mount in the Bridge and Middle locations with no Neck PUP. I would like to mount the Bridge PUP location in a Reverse Slant and the Middle PUP in straight up orientation. They are going in a Strat body. Two P-Rails can offer many wiring choices of course..

PUP switching: Since the P-Rails are two PUP in one, what type of Selector Switch should I use? I could use a 5-Position (two decks) or 3-Position similar to a Tele or a 4-Position I guess?

Use one Volume and one Tone pots. Considering the Fender VBX for the Tone control.

Are there any special phasing & polarity concerns since I will mount them next to each other? Bridge PUP P90 side toward the Bridge? Middle PUP P90 side toward Bridge or Neck?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Billy
    Last edited by grievousangel; 03-09-2023, 11:21 PM.

If you could use the Triple Shot rings, they would work well with a simple 3 way switch. If you'd like to have all options available without using Triple Shots, you are going to need additional switches for each pickup. There are no phasing or polarity concerns if they are correctly wired. No matter how you spin either pickup around, it doesn't make a difference wiring-wise.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

id actually put both straight and not slant the bridge pup. id put the p90 coils on the outsides and definitely use triple shots with a three way

Comment

Working...
      X