les paul bridge pup, need a little more than the antiquity is giving me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• les paul bridge pup, need a little more than the antiquity is giving me

love my les paul and the set of antiquitys is great and nails the vintage lp tone. but, i want a bit more from the bridge. im toying with the idea of having another overwound antiquity bridge pup made in the custom shop, ive had them do 10k and 9.4k before and both were awesome, but is there something im overlooking from the production line? a little more output would be ok, but mostly want a fatter tone

I don't know if anything in the production line does exactly what the Ants do but hotter- certainly they'd be potted and look new.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

the look is less important that the sound, and with shop floor stuff, i can get unpotted

Comment

Brobucker? Whole Lotta Humbucker? Slash bridge? or outside SD, Bare Knuckle Black Dog?

Comment

I was thinking about WLH also. When are you in Boston next? You take mine for a roll in the mud.

Comment

I'd go with Slash bridge based on specs or an EQ.

Comment

jeremy
              Have you tried a full-strength A2 and/or UOA5 in your Antiquity?

Comment

Stick a double thick A2 in there. You could even create some double thick A2 spacers. That would fill it out.
                The things that you wanted
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                  I was thinking about WLH also. When are you in Boston next? You take mine for a roll in the mud.
                  i have a wlh bridge and ive thought of trying it. i didnt love it in the guitar i had it in, but its miles away from a lp. post covid, work travel is almost non-extant but trust me, ill let ya know when im out your way. its my turn to treat anyway.

ive tried uoa5 and it was good, but too sharp on the high end. im such an a2 bucker junkie. the slash intrigues me, but i think it might be too bright? dunno. never owned one. double thick a2 is something ive thought about. glue two normal bars together and re-magnetize right?

Comment

If you have the WLHb go for it. I have found trouble pairing it with anything but the WLHn at least the three or so neck pickup I tried with it.

Comment

If the Slash is too bright, wouldn’t that apply (perhaps even more so) to the WLH? I have one in the bridge position of my Les Paul with UOA5, and am certainly not wanting for brightness. That could also be my particular guitar too…

Comment

The SNS set is something special. Love the bridge in my LP - the neck is killer too.

Comment

Originally posted by skelt101 View Post
                          If the Slash is too bright, wouldn’t that apply (perhaps even more so) to the WLH? I have one in the bridge position of my Les Paul with UOA5, and am certainly not wanting for brightness. That could also be my particular guitar too…
                          I find the Slash is actually brighter than what people give it credit for. It's also got a lot less low end than most A5's.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                            double thick a2 is something ive thought about. glue two normal bars together and re-magnetize right?
                            Yes. Ez pz.

The things that you wanted
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by EC Strat View Post
                              The SNS set is something special. Love the bridge in my LP - the neck is killer too.
                              Love that Duncan designed a set of pickups around the A4.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X