Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labelling of JB SH4

Hi.

First post and a simple question would a JB SH4 zebra ever come without Seymour Duncan written on it?

Thanks

Depends on if that's a thing it's into.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoSD View Post
      Hi.

First post and a simple question would a JB SH4 zebra ever come without Seymour Duncan written on it?

Thanks
      Yes. They can make pickups sans logo.

Comment

And sometimes people remove them. (If it's used.)

You can post pics in this thread if you want better confirmation:

Let's keep this thread as the be-all-end all of knowledge about legit SD pickups. While the best possible thing is to buy an authorized dealer, lots of independent sellers sell Duncans too, new and used. Wanna buy something new or used and it looks fishy? Post it here. We'll discuss it. There are some seriously knowledgeable

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          And sometimes people remove them. (If it's used.)
          Is that a thing? How is it done? I once tried on a '59 TB with acetone, but the acetone started dissolving the coil itself, leaving it looking hazy. It looked horrible, LOL. And even if the ink was gone, there was still a bit of relief from where the font was, so you could still read it. So big fail on my part.
          Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 03-21-2023, 02:04 PM.

Comment

I use a stainless steel polish on a rag. Gimme once, Gimme twice, DoneĀ”!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
              Is that a thing? How is it done?
              I've never done it, because I like the Duncan logo on there. But if I was, I'd use these micro-sanding pads that I get from Hobby Lobby. They go from about 3000 to 12000 grit.
              Super smooth and silky. No scratches.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Ho...BoCx7IQAvD_BwE

Comment

Some people use Brasso, or some other metal polishes to get the logo off. I've also heard of people using toothpaste.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X