X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pots value and no load.

Hi!
    I have question.
    Do 1 meg volume and 1 meg tone sounds the same like 500k vol no load tone?
    I mean on full volume.

Yeah
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Except 1 meg tones suck because you have to turn them down to 2 before they work. :P
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
        Except 1 meg tones suck because you have to turn them down to 2 before they work. :P
        No if you have log pot 10% and less.
        I'm asking, because 1meg volume has much treble cut, when I'm turing down volume.
        I read that least effect treble cut has 250k, so I'm wonder change 1m/1m to 500k/no load pots and treble bleed.
        So 500k volume and 500k tone sounds the same like 250k volume without tone pot?

Comment

Have you considered a treble bleed cap?
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG80s View Post

No if you have log pot 10% and less.
            I'm asking, because 1meg volume has much treble cut, when I'm turing down volume.
            I read that least effect treble cut has 250k, so I'm wonder change 1m/1m to 500k/no load pots and treble bleed.
            So 500k volume and 500k tone sounds the same like 250k volume without tone pot?
            In my opinion, it works better to just use a 250k no load tone for everything, either linear or audio. Then choose whatever volume you want. You don't have to think too hard about it. Going from 9 to 10 on a 250k no load tone isn't exactly a jarring change.
            Last edited by Clint 55; 03-26-2023, 10:02 AM.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

Working...
            X