Duncan Candy Set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Candy Set

Anyone have experience with the Candy set? How do they compare to the Antiquities? I have to assume they they handle gain very well, as Eric is a gain monster. Any thoughts or input welcome. Thanks!
    2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

They're pretty low gain pickups with low output magnets. Eric has very gain-y amps and apparently likes a really low gain pickup to preserve dynamics. If you're used to a little beef from the bridge pickup, I think you might be disappointed. If you want a very low output humbucker set with lots of clarity, they would probably work great.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

The pickups are quite low output, almost singlecoil-y in their pick attack and precision, but with a slightly more oompf. The low end is solid but not overbearing, and the dynamics are off teh charts.

Comment

Working...
      X