Need Some Wiring Help with Superswitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Some Wiring Help with Superswitch

I have a double-wafer superswitch that I'm using. The wiring diagram requires connecting both the neck pickup's hot and ground wire to the switch. I'm using a Duncan 4-conductor humbucker where I'm putting the green and bare wires together. Would they both still go to wherever the pickup's ground wire is supposed to go?
    -Butch

Bare should always go to ground 100% of the time. If you are putting green to a switch lug, I'd expect the switch will be doing out-of-phase or pickups-in-series, in which case, you need the bare separated out and soldered to ground directly, like via the back of a pot or a star ground.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      Bare should always go to ground 100% of the time. If you are putting green to a switch lug, I'd expect the switch will be doing out-of-phase or pickups-in-series, in which case, you need the bare separated out and soldered to ground directly, like via the back of a pot or a star ground.
      Yes, part of the wiring will be a 1/2 out-of-phase tone. It's actually a Jerry Donahue Telecaster wiring but I'm using a Pearly Gates in the neck position instead of a Strat pickup.
      -Butch

Comment

Working...
      X