banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to create a guitar with a pickup format of S-H-H (neck to bridge)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to create a guitar with a pickup format of S-H-H (neck to bridge)

I want to make a guitar with an S-H-H format with a 7 switch and a volume pot. Most likely, all of the pickups will be active. Can anybody help me out?

Welcome to the forum!

What do you want the switch to do? And which switch is it?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The switch will (if possible), will be able to play all the coils at once, play any two at once, or play any single one. The switch is a modded five-way switch that my old director gave me.

Comment

the only way I can see to do it would be to wire each coil with an on/off switch in a funny coil||(coil+coil)||(coil+coil) configuration. But that would be a pain to switch on the fly.

First of all i have a few technical questions. What guitar do you have? This will let me know what options you have as far as hardware installation. What pickups do you have? This way we can make sure they can be split.

Also a comment, having the most versatile wiring isn't always the best option. For example, the middle humbucker will sound roughly the same split to one coil versus the other. It would help you greatly in the long run narrow down what you actually need rather than simply add more switching options to your instrument.
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          the only way I can see to do it would be to wire each coil with an on/off switch in a funny coil||(coil+coil)||(coil+coil) configuration. But that would be a pain to switch on the fly.

First of all i have a few technical questions. What guitar do you have? This will let me know what options you have as far as hardware installation. What pickups do you have? This way we can make sure they can be split.

Also a comment, having the most versatile wiring isn't always the best option. For example, the middle humbucker will sound roughly the same split to one coil versus the other. It would help you greatly in the long run narrow down what you actually need rather than simply add more switching options to your instrument.
          Thank you for the advice. Sadly, the middle pickup cannot split nor can the neck pickup. But with your advice, I may get rid of one or maybe even both for a p rail. I have a modded Jag that has a single right in front of the bridge one and a hole for a humbucker and a humbucker near the neck. I got it at a pawn.

Comment

Working...
          X