The question never before asked(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The question never before asked(?)

Possibly never asked, anyway.... can a set of Strat pickups be wired to a 3 way switch with rear position being bridge and middle, up position being middle only, and forward position (pointing toward neck) being middle and neck position. My guess is no but I hope it's yes. The big question, 'why' -- answer is because. Those are my favorite 3 out of 5 sounds and I don't get along w/ 5 way switches. I can lose the other two. I do like neck and bridge together tho. Even if a mini toggle or some other addition need for this, that would be ok.

This would actually be pretty easy. There's two different approaches:

1. Use one of the new 3-way Superswitches. https://guitarelectronics.com/3-posi...-16-terminals/

2. Use a standard 5-way, and "block" the 1st and 5th positions. You then get a cool "short-throw" 3-way. I'm trying to work on a video to show how to do it. It's fairly easy. I'll try to post a couple pics before the day is over, or else tomorrow.

P.S. Welcome to the forum, and I think that's a cool idea.
    Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-02-2023, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Hey thanks for this info. Going to pass it along to my wiring guy! Will stay tuned for updates.

Comment

Working...
      X