Slash 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash 2.0

Anybody have a chance to try these in a Les Paul yet? I’m intrigued by them.

To my ears, they were a little louder and a little brighter than the older Slash set.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to hear them, too.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

My favorite Slash pickups remain the original Alnico II Pro.

Comment

Louder and brighter sounds like the perfect change to me. The originals were good rock pickups, but still needed something.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Louder and brighter sounds like the perfect change to me. The originals were good rock pickups, but still needed something.
            Apparently Slash thought so too!

Comment

louder and brighter? i would have thought a bit louder and maybe a bit more full than the slash 1.0. i do love the aph1, but sometimes wish the bridge had a bit more juice

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                i do love the aph1, but sometimes wish the bridge had a bit more juice
                When I tried the APH-2B, I didn't jive with it. I think that was the exact same reason as you. I was expecting it to be fat and loud (for a low-wind). It wasn't either, IME.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  My favorite Slash pickups remain the original Alnico II Pro.
                  How do the Alnico II Pro differ from the Slash set(s)?

Comment

Originally posted by Frater106 View Post

How do the Alnico II Pro differ from the Slash set(s)?
                    The A2P is darker sounding- more mids, less highs. At least to my ears.

Comment

The A2P is darker sounding- more mids, less highs. At least to my ears.
                      Pretty much the same for me. The Slash set seems brighter and with a bit more bite for me. While I didn't find a huge difference between the newer Slash 2.0 and the former signature set.

Comment

To my ears, they were a little louder and a little brighter than the older Slash set.
                        Which was a little louder and brighter than the original A2P...

So Slash is going deaf. What's your point?
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                          Because, you know, when you listen to Appetite for Destruction, you are always saying to yourself "Good rock tone, but it needs a little something."

I am a fan of they were not broken so don't fix them. Raise the screw a little, tweak the treble at the amp, and rock on.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that the reason for the new pickups was that the slash 1.0 pickups didn't sound right to him in his new line of les pauls. So he had Seymour tweak his pickups to sound right in the new guitars. My guess would be because the wood quality has change over the years. But I could be 100% wrong
                            There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
                            Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
                            Boss GT-10
                            Rocktron Velocity 300
                            Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
                            Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
                            AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Which was a little louder and brighter than the original A2P...

So Slash is going deaf. What's your point?
                              Or maybe his new Gibsons are really dark sounding. Dunno...never tried them.

Comment

Working...
                              X