banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure I'm digging the Fishy Classics - what to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    I guess Rectos have a bright cap, because the more you raise the gain, the darker and smoother they become.
    A lot of Boogies are that way.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      I guess I missed it because I didn't see it on the quick connect pins.
      Their idea is that you do a solder bridge across that pad and ground. I want to solder two wires to those two pads and run it to a switch, so I can hear it in & out in real time. And you don't have to use that GND pad per se. Just switch to any ground. Saves soldering one connection to the bottom of the pup.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

Their idea is that you do a solder bridge across that pad and ground. I want to solder two wires to those two pads and run it to a switch, so I can hear it in & out in real time. And you don't have to use that GND pad per se. Just switch to any ground. Saves soldering one connection to the bottom of the pup.
        I wouldn't want to make it switchable, TBH. I barely ever switch voicings. I never switch to single coil either because I don't love the inner coils.

I did try it on my Moderns and wasn't in love with it, but maybe this time would be different since these have A LOT more going on up top.

But I want to try turning off the buffer in my Polytune first to see if that helps any. It's not like I feel like they 100% need it, TBH. I could also just slightly lower the tone knob on my boost pedal. Many ways that are less of a hassle to try first, hahaha.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

A lot of Boogies are that way.
          And Marshalls.

Comment

Working...
          X