No announcement yet.

Triple-shot on a PRS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to order my Seths as 4 conductor. I use 2 of them with a 5-position switch. They are remarkable sounding pickups, though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have a great, long-term relationship with my local shop, like 40 years now, I just returned the 2-wire Seths, and they're ordering me the 4-wire version. Just means I have to be a little patient with my new project...

Comment

one reason a relationship with a local shop is always a good thing!

Comment

Hopefully it won't be too long. The factory should be able to ship those out quickly.

Comment

I'm sure the factory will be plenty zippy, the challenge is that it's a fairly small shop, and it can take a bit of time to build up enough of an order to be able to purchase (I'm assuming there's a minimum order amount for the vendors?). I'd pretty much always rather be a little patient, and make sure Moze Guitars gets my money, instead of Amazon...

Comment

Actually, I think they send those kinds of orders out without a minimum.

Comment

All done! Got my Seth Lovers and my Triple-shots in yesterday, and wired it up last night. In reference to my original question, the TS's are not an exact fit on the PRS SE Hollowbody II, the hole patterns on the TS rings are slightly narrower than on the PRS. That being said, since the rings are nylon, and somewhat malleable, I was able to drill the holes on the rings out to ⅛", and then elongate them slightly, so the screws were able to go in straight, and there no again visible. I used the standard wiring on the neck pup, and the reverse wiring on the bridge, so that, in the single-coil switch configuration, the switches are both pointing to the active coil on each pup. Works and sounds great, perfect solution for me!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230629_193006.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	166.2 KB
ID:	6238873 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230629_192259.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	6238874 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230630_084948.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	6238875 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230629_191420.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	6238876 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230630_084940.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	6238877 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230630_084925.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	6238878 Click image for larger version

Name:	20230630_085002.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	6238879

Comment

looks great! how do you like the different tonal options?

Comment

Those came out great! Looks fantastic!

Comment

It looks almost like I MEANT to do it! So far, I really like the different tone options. The Seth Lovers are so clear and articulate, every voice change is distinct, and quite usable, even the most subtle ones. I let a friend of mine play it, and after playing for ~50 years or so he said he can finally hear a distinct difference between series and parallel coils in a Humbucker... Great fun!

Comment

The Seths split are one of my favorite sounds as well.

Comment

Working...
                        X