banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Anybody Tell Me What Pickups and Mod This Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Anybody Tell Me What Pickups and Mod This Is?

I bought a used strat off of ebay, and the owner didn't have any info on what pickups or mod this is. I can't find anything like it on Fender either.

Fairly stock wiring setup.......Its just got 2 separate tone caps, which might help avoid some of the (supposed) crossover tone issue with the one position where 2 pickups selected are connected to 2 separate tone circuits.
    It also has a treble bleed.

​​​​​​​Not sure on the pickups

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
      Fairly stock wiring setup.......Its just got 2 separate tone caps, which might help avoid some of the (supposed) crossover tone issue with the one position where 2 pickups selected are connected to 2 separate tone circuits.
      It also has a treble bleed.

​​​​​​​Not sure on the pickups
      I wonder what the mini toggle is for, what it does, on the front. At first I thought it might be a Gilmore Mod, but I can't be sure from the photos. I haven't actually received it yet so I can't test it until it gets here.

Comment

The guitar has a treble bleed on the volume and the mini-toggle is a neck on switch aka the Gilmour mod.

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
          The guitar has a treble bleed on the volume and the mini-toggle is a neck on switch aka the Gilmour mod.
          If I ever become a big rock star, you're my guitar tech!

Comment

That treble bleed cap is way too big. The same size as the tone caps. You probably want something like 1000pF (I usually go a little smaller) for a treble bleed.
            You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
            Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

the tone caps are .047, looks like the treble bleed is .001? hard to see the marking clearly, but that would be a fine value

Comment

My bad, I guess is was reading off the wrong cap
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

How to add the David Gilmour Mod switch on a Fender Stratocasterthis gives you the full 7 pickup combinations instead of 5.It's not a great change in sound b...

Comment

Working...
                  X