Left handed Fender Ultra and Billie Gibbons set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Left handed Fender Ultra and Billie Gibbons set

I have a left handed Fender Ultra Strat which I’m wanting to install a full set of SD Bille Gibbons pickups but don’t know if this would be a straight swap or will I need new pots etc.? Ant advice will be appreciated

Welcome to the forum!

I think the Ultra has passive pickups, right (no battery)? If it does, then yes, it is a straight swap...they were designed to drop right in a passive Strat with no other swaps.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

are you talking about the red devil set? yes, it should be a straight swap

Comment

Sorry, I assumed it was the Red Devil set. It wasn't specifically stated.

Comment

Yes, i was referring to the Red Devil pickups so it sounds as though they are a direct swap for the existing noiseless pickups in my Ultra and will just need connecting to the same terminals as the single coil pickups and everything will work fine, even the S1 switch, thanks everyone.

Comment

What does the S1 switch do in that guitar?

Comment

the color codes are different on fender and duncan pups, so you need to know how they correlate. a quick google search will tell you

Comment

The S1 switch on the Fender Ultra enables the bridge and neck pickup to be active at the same time, a combination not previously available.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie Meadows View Post
                  The S1 switch on the Fender Ultra enables the bridge and neck pickup to be active at the same time, a combination not previously available.
                  Oh that's a cool idea! I use an S1 switch on a dual humbucker guitar, and it cuts a coil on both pickups.

Comment

Keep in mind that the Red Devils will be 4-wire. (5 actually, if you count the bare wire.) So treat green and bare as the ground wire, solder red & white together and tape them off, and treat black as the hot wire.

Comment

Working...
                    X