PAF Pro Bridge... what in the neck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAF Pro Bridge... what in the neck?

Thinking about trying a PAF Pro in my Gibbo. I love its attack and openness, and I like that it's not as weak as actual PAF-types.

Not sure what I want in the neck. In the past, I've matched a PAF Pro with another in the neck, but that was in a 24-fret Ibanez RG570 with a trem. Neck position pickups tend to be boomier and fatter in Les Pauls, though.

Not sure if I wanna go for the PAF Joe, the PAF Master Bridge, or the PAF 36h Ann Neck.

I really like the EQ curve of the 36th Anni Neck, but I find it's kinda weak output-wise. And I have also tried it only in 24-fretters.

I haven't tried the PAF Joe or the PAF Master, but I don't like my neck pickups to be too bright or attacky either. But those seem like they'd be hotter, and I prefer that.

Anything else I could consider? Like I said, I want smooth and clear, but not too bright, bassy, scooped, or low output.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 07-20-2023, 12:57 PM.

My LP has an Air Classic bridge in the neck (Norton in the bridge). It fits your description.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Air Classic Bridge does seem interesting!

Or maybe PAF Anni Bridge!

Comment

The 36th Neck is a really warm PAF type neck, so it would work if that is what you are after. My guess is that the Air Classic neck or PAF Master neck might mesh better with the PAF Pro bridge. Humbucker from Hell if you wanted something really clear and bright in the neck.

Comment

Maybe the 36th bridge, for a little more push than the neck version.
          If you like a strong neck, the Air Norton is worth considering too.
          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

You could use a Jazz, but I think it's a bit lean in the mids. A brighter PAF style pickup with A5 magnet is probably what you need.

Comment

Any of the DMZ PAF models (complimentary scooping EQ), or any Satriani inspired neck models (more similar matching EQ curves).

Your call, lots of options.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X