Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘78 Custom Shop

Hello Everyone.

I just joined the Forum and this is my first post.

I bought a Seymour Duncan ‘78 Custom Shop Pickup wound by Marciela Juarez and had it installed in my Hamer Explorer (XT Series).
    In the neck position of my Hamer, I have a Seymour Duncan ‘59 (bridge pick up).
    I have finally found the match made in Heaven. Both pickups work VERY well with each other.
    BOTH pickups provide me with a GLORIOUS tonal palette.

FINALLY, clear note separation, beautiful full chords and TONE,TONE,TONE.
    Putting the guitar down is a REAL challenge.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE AT SEYMOUR DUNCAN

Enjoy it!
    I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Welcome to the Forum!

It is a pretty awesome feeling when everything works for you. And MJ winds some amazing pickups. What amp are you using? And what effects?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank You Hamerfan and Mincer.

To answer Mincer. For amps I’m using an Orange Dark Terror into a Fender 1x12 Cabinet and a Catalyst 60 combo.

When using the Catalyst, I use only the delay with a touch of reverb. Both of these from the amp itself.

When using the Orange, I use a Fairfield Circuitry Barber Shop Overdrive (Version One), a Brunetti Vanilla Drive and an HBE Uno Mos. The Uno Mos is an always on boost.

You are so right Mincer. The MJ winds are FANTASTIC. They are worth the price.
        Last edited by MississippiBlue; 07-23-2023, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Very cool amps! The Catalyst I tried was fantastic.

Comment

Thank You Mincer.

The Orange forces me out of my comfort zone.

The Catalyst forces me to dive deeper into the amp and spend more time discovering new sounds.

Comment

I e always wanted to try the ‘78 from the Custom Shop. I’d better get around to that. Glad to hear you are so happy with your pickup set.
              Play more guitar.

Comment

Thank You Leon of Late.

I REALLY hope that you are able to get the ‘78 Custom Shop. Truly worth it. Take Care.

Comment

Sounds like a great combination for just about any Explorer.
                  Glad it's exactly what you wanted.
                  That's a great feeling.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Thank you eclecticsynergy.

My Explorer has finally achieved Sonic Nirvana.

Take Care

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Of Late View Post
                      I e always wanted to try the ‘78 from the Custom Shop. I’d better get around to that. Glad to hear you are so happy with your pickup set.
                      Just in case you weren't aware, the '78 Model is a production pickup now, and even available as a set. Same recipe, should sound the same.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Just in case you weren't aware, the '78 Model is a production pickup now, and even available as a set. Same recipe, should sound the same.
                        This is true. You don't have to spend CS prices, nor have any kind of wait time anymore.

Comment

I am a bit weird when it comes to stuff like that. If it’s a custom shop pickup, I still want MJ to wind it. There is no way the production model can be exactly the same as the custom shop version. They had to alter the materials or something. How else are they able to sell the exact same pickup for regular production prices vs custom shop pricing?

Not saying the production model isn’t fantastic. I’m sure it is. But something about its manufacture has to be standardized so they can produce it on the line and sell it at production pricing. That’s all.
                          Play more guitar.

Comment

And after all this back and forth you have yet to post a sound clip?

Comment

I always forget that the 78 is a stock model now. Gotta try it out someday.
                              A 9K/A2 bridge from Zhangbucker has been one of my favorites for years.
                              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
                              X