Triple Shot wiring/organizational question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Shot wiring/organizational question

I'm planning on wiring my Ibanez AS73FM (HH pickup configuration) with a pair of Triple Shots but have a few questions. I won't be doing the wiring myself but I want to make sure I know what I'm talking about when I discuss it with the tech.

According to the Triple Shot installation instructions, they can be wired either standard or reverse which changes the direction of the coil splitting. Can I wire the neck in standard and the bridge in reverse? This way the switches will "point" in the direction of the coil being active (i.e. both switches to the left on the Neck pick up turn on the adjustable coil whereas on the Bridge both to the left would be the slug) thus matching the orientation of the pickups.

Is there any reason this can't be done? Is there any reason I wouldn't want to do this/unintended consequences?

Also, I'd like the ability to reverse the phase (coming from the TS) by going to a push-pull on the bridge volume (the most accessible pot, in hopes of saving a little time/money as semi-hollows can be a pain to wire). Can I get away with only wiring one with phase reversal (ex. bridge pickup)? I'm figuring the phase only really matters when both pickups are active (middle position) so only one should have to be out of phase to get that sound, right?

Anything I'm missing?

Thanks you!

This sounds correct

Reverse the bridge so the switches match
    that is why they give you the alternative wiring
    it says that in the instructions i think

Reverse the phase on that bridge pickup as well
    This is what i did on my RG

Mine had a 5 way blade
    so i was able to do out of phase and in series
    As well as both pickups in series

Both in series then spit the bridge
    that imitates the Tele sound to my ears
    EHD
    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X