HSS strat / Dan huff ish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS strat / Dan huff ish

I’m working on the wiring for my HSS strat in the vein as a Dann Huff James Tyler, humbucker and two stacks, all with series parallel switches.

im having trouble finding the right wiring diagram for something like this, and not sure exactly what needs to be done on the stacks.

im using a vintage hot stack in the neck and a classic stack + in the middle with a custom/59 hybrid in the bridge.

thanks!

Dan Huff wiring I can find appears to do split-to-top-coil / full humbucker. If you want to do normal humbucker / parallel, that is slightly different, though still would/could be useful.

If you want to do parallel / humbucker, each pickup's DPDT on-on toggle switch would be:

A1 > B1
    A2 - red
    A3 - hot

B1 < A1
    B2 - white
    B3 - ground

If you want to do split-to-top-coil / humbucker on the stacks, each stack pickups DPDT on-on toggle switch would be:

A1 empty
    A2 - red+white
    A3 - hot

B1 empty
    B2 empty
    B3 empty

For the 59/C, to do split-to-slug / humbucker, the DPDT on-on toggle switch would be:

A1 empty
    A2 - red+white
    A3 - ground

B1 empty
    B2 empty
    B3 empty

Someone else should check me on that before you wire anything. I could have something off, or there might be a better way.

Comment

Long time, no see. I hope all is well.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
        Long time, no see. I hope all is well.
        hey Jolly! I’m doing well, and hope you’re
        doing the same! Hard to believe that some of us are still around hear nearly 20 years later

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Dan Huff wiring I can find appears to do split-to-top-coil / full humbucker. If you want to do normal humbucker / parallel, that is slightly different, though still would/could be useful.

If you want to do parallel / humbucker, each pickup's DPDT on-on toggle switch would be:

A1 > B1
          A2 - red
          A3 - hot

B1 < A1
          B2 - white
          B3 - ground

If you want to do split-to-top-coil / humbucker on the stacks, each stack pickups DPDT on-on toggle switch would be:

A1 empty
          A2 - red+white
          A3 - hot

B1 empty
          B2 empty
          B3 empty

For the 59/C, to do split-to-slug / humbucker, the DPDT on-on toggle switch would be:

A1 empty
          A2 - red+white
          A3 - ground

B1 empty
          B2 empty
          B3 empty

Someone else should check me on that before you wire anything. I could have something off, or there might be a better way.
          sorry for the late response, but I'm kinda pulling my hair out at this point. I have tried every iteration mentioned here, and I was unable to get it to work. I probably wired and rewired 15 times just trying to get sound to pass through. The problem for me has been the stacks, I just can't seem to get it work, meanwhile the hum bucker has been no issue. I know that STK's have slightly different wiring than hum buckers because there's only a total of 3 conductors (white/red/black) and ground, and I can't seem to find any information or images of how this would be wired up. I tend to learn visually and if I can just see a picture of what it looks like with the right conductors I can usually make due, but this has been crazy frustrating for me.

Comment

From the wesite Tylers Dann Huff

Comment

From the website Tylers Dann Huff

Comment

The STK's are kinda weird. You ground the red wire in order to turn off the noise cancelling coil. There's virtually no difference in sound. I'm not sure why anyone would do it. I didn't, and love the sound as it is. YMMV.

Here's the diagram: https://www.seymourduncan.com/images...s_5W_1V_1T.jpg
                Last edited by ArtieToo; 03-10-2024, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X