banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a resistor that will simulate an open tone control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finished this guitar. A 331 treble bleed cap makes a noticeable, positive improvement when volume rolled down. Never ab tested this before, but this is mandatory. Now i have to put one in several guitars.

I used a 470k + 100k in series with 223 cap to simulate tone control. It sounds about right.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
      I used a 470k + 100k in series with 223 cap to simulate tone control. It sounds about right.
      that's a 570K pot , I don't think it's noticeable but it would be a strange pot

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post

that's a 570K pot , I don't think it's noticeable but it would be a strange pot
        FYI pots that are 20% tolerance can be as high as 600k. It's within normal range for that kind of pot.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

FYI pots that are 20% tolerance can be as high as 600k. It's within normal range for that kind of pot.
          Thats what I was going for, a "bright" 500K.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

I know, my first post in this thread was about the big tolerance in pot

Comment

Originally posted by marcello252 View Post
              I know, my first post in this thread was about the big tolerance in pot
              Yeah, I get that, but in the last post you said it was strange. I was just pointing out that it's actually normal. I've bought pots in bulk or even small bunches before and tested each one individually and there's always quite a distribution of high and low pots out to the limits of the tolerance.

Comment

Working...
              X