Color Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Ideas?

I've got a lake placid blue strat with nickel hardware and a rosewood fretboard.

Any ideas for color for the pickguard and pickups other than the standard white? Possibly involving a cool design?

Black/white/black pickguard, white pickup covers knobs and switch tip.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Mint green looks really nice with lake placid blue
      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Parchment?
        Take it to the limit
        Everybody to the limit
        Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

I like cream with blue and chrome

is it a pickguard?

That opens up some more alternatives
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Cool design? Like a photo pickguard? Or like a tortoise pickguard?

Fender has a Custom Shop designer where you can try out options to see what they look like.

WD Music has photo/art pickguards.
            WD® Custom Pickguard For Fender® Stratocaster®Please note that this pickguard will only fit genuine U.S. production Fender® Stratocaster® or Made in Mexico Fender® Stratocasters® post 2002 production. It will not fit Squier® or any other imported Fender® Stratocaster® instrument from Korea, China, Indonesia or Japan. Available with 8 or 11 mounting holes, Floyd Rose® or standard bridge rout, or anything you can imagine. Upcharges may apply. If you choose the vintage eight mounting hole pattern the guard will be cut with ALL holes including switch and height adjustment for the pickups countersunk. The 11 hole version which is a standard Fender US replacement does not have the height adjustments or switch holes countersunk. While many manufacturers may make a similar model instrument, this does not mean each pickguard of this type is interchangeable. If the design of your pickguard varies (country of origin, manufactured date, non-Fender® manufactured) from that pictured, you may be required to submit a tracing for a custom order.If you are unsure about your material selection please Request A Material Sample before finalizing your order.Please Note: All pickguards are made-to-order and all purchases are processed in the order they are received. Due to order volume and the handcrafted nature of these products it may take up to 2 weeks to process your pickguard order. Choosing an expedited shipping method at checkout will not expedite the processing of your order, only its time in transit.

Comment

Movies from the 10’s would always fk us in the face with teal and orange because they’re opposites on the colour spectrum wheel. Terminator 2 used it properly. Maybe using the opposite colour to the guitar might look cool for the contrast. I blacked out my white King V for that reason.
              The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

DecoBoom makes some really nice engraved-layer pickguards for Strats & Teles.
                Expensive but very cool, and IMO nicer than graphic print ones.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Maybe brushed chrome?
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

lake placid blue
                    if it had a maple neck
                    then pastel pink pickups would look nice
                    but a dark pink wouldnt
                    and with a rosewood board it wouldnt
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

White or black pearloid pickguard with black pickups(/covers) if you want to keep it relatively simple and easy to get hold of components.

Comment

Keep it stock. Beautiful as is.

Comment

I would say, if anything, parchment
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Parchment and placid blue would match my car... I think I'll go with that

Comment

Working...
                            X