Magnet orientation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnet orientation

So I’m using a wolfetone 8.2 neck pickup in the bridge and a Seth lover bridge in the neck. Do I have to change the magnet orientation in one of the pickups, because I’ve never swapped bridge neck positions in a guitar before?

you shouldnt need to unless they are out of phase. bridge vs neck are almost always the same orientation, for example all duncan screw coils are south. physical position wont change phase so thats not an issue.

if the wolftone is screw coil north, then the two pups would be out of phase (depending on wiring) but i dont believe that to be the case. you should be good just to install em

Comment

If you don't have a compass to check the polarity, you can do a phase check.
      In middle position with both pickups at full volume, see if the sound is thin and midrangey.
      If turning one pickup down just a little alters the tone more than expected, they're probably out of phase.
      If not, don't worry about it.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Working...
      X