Antiquity II Tele bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiquity II Tele bridge?

Anyone know what specific year the Antiquity II Tele bridge pickup is modeled after? The SD marketing description is kind of vague on details and Tele pickups varied a fair amount from the early to mid 60's.
    -
    My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

From what I'd heard, it was sort of an average from several specific Tele pickups, all of which sounded great.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      From what I'd heard, it was sort of an average from several specific Tele pickups, all of which sounded great.
      It's surprising how sparse the info on these pickups is online. Probably because they've been on the market for so long. I've got a couple Teles with the Fender PV64 bridge in them and that's an awesome pickup. But I also played my buddy's 1966 Tele and that thing sounds unreal. I still want another 60's vibe option but don't just want to put the same Fender pickups in everything.
      -
      My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I could have swore one of the descriptions said they were modeled after 1967 Tele spec pickups, but the earliest web site copy I can find seems to indicate these were a set Seymour wound for his own mid-60's Tele.

11024-32 & 33 • antiquity II™ for tele, rhythm & lead
        Back in the mid ‘60s, Fender was only making TeleŽs with rosewood fingerboards. I kept asking Bill Carson to make an all-maple slab board neck for me. These pickups are pretty much the same ones that I wound for that guitar — one of my all-time favorite TeleŽs. I keep the tone and look faithful, but I also wax pot them to reduce unwanted feedback when using high powered amps and effects.
        Antiquity II™ for TeleŽ Neck Bridge
        top pickup length: 2.565" 2.870"
        top pickup width: .585" .770 "
        bottom pickup length: 3.150" 2.885"
        bottom pickup width: .780" 1.510"
        total pickup height: .670" .678"
        total magnet height: .625" .625"
        winding direction: top going top coming
        magnet polarity: north south
        calibrated no yes
        pickup cover length: 2.565" none
        pickup cover width: .585" none
        pickup cover height: .570" none
        height adjustment: screwed into body cavity 6/32 round head, slotted
        magnet pattern: flush top, raised bottom staggered & raised above flatwork
        DC Ohms: 7.6K 6.4K
        Inductance: 2.13 henries 2.1 henries
        Q : 1.80 2.05

Comment

Working...
        X