La Brea / Five Two Pairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Brea / Five Two Pairing?

I’m starting a telecaster build (my first tele) and it will be a traditional 2 single coil set up with the 4 way wiring mod. I’m not huge country music fan but I appreciate the playing from the likes of Brent Mason, Brad Paisley, Danny Gatton, etc so I am looking for a twangy tele.

For pickups, I was thinking of a Five Two in the bridge and a La Brea for the neck. Before I commit to any purchases, I wanted to see what opinions there might be on this pairing mix or should I reconsider and go for the La Brea pair or a Five Two pair?

Thanks!

Any combination of those would sound great, so I'd say to go for it. The output is about the same, but the La Brea bridge will have more lows and mids, so it really depends on the Tele sound you are after. But both are great sets, so you can't really go wrong here.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for the response. I had hoped for a few more opinions but I think you’re right that you can’t really go wrong. I’ve ordered both pickups and now I’m all set with my build.

Comment

Originally posted by scole View Post
        Thanks for the response. I had hoped for a few more opinions but I think you’re right that you can’t really go wrong. I’ve ordered both pickups and now I’m all set with my build.
        I hope you can let us know how this turns out. Include some pics, too!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X