First SD pickups!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First SD pickups!

Hi all, after playing guitar for almost 20 years now, today I bought my first set of aftermarket pickups .
    Thought I'd register to the forum and say hi!

So yeah even after all this time playing, I live in a country where high-end guitars and even parts are way too expensive so never had the chance to play a really nice guitar. But a couple months ago I got a harley benton fusion iii despite the mixed reviews of the brand. The plan was always to basically buy the wood and over time upgrade it. Well, after a couple months and a new skill in soldering electronics and general setup I ordered a Sentient/Nazgul + SSL-1 set.

I know this is all probably mismatched, but its the one guitar I own and I like all styles of music from Wes Montgomery to Pink Floyd to Guthrie to Plini to Haken and mix some thrash in there too lol. Just can't leave any type of sound out!

So for this i went with the HSH and have it wired with a 5 way and a push pull tone. Positions 2,4 are autosplit humbuckers + middle, pos. 3 is just middle, and the pulled tone makes it SSS so only positions 1,5 change by splitting the humbuckers. After searching for a while, I settled on Nazgul for the metal side of it, Sentient for the more jazz/split neck stuff and SSl-1 for position 4 mostly split with neck for some fusion-y chords. Dont really ever use split bridge or middle alone to be honest. Hoping this goes great, will make sure to follow up when they're installed but all in all couldn't be more excited.

Welcome to the forum. I cant speak on the SSL-1 but the Naz and Sentient are sold as a set so they will go together. I really like the Sentient, somewhere between a SD Jazz and SD '59 neck. Congrats on the new set of pickups.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Welcome to the forum

Nice! Hope you enjoy it for many years.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

I think that's a great set! I can't wait to hear your thoughts (and see pics!) when it is up and running!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Welcome and congrats on some great pups.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum.

Comment

Welcome! I think I'm more of a Pegasus Sentient guy myself. But a lot of people dig the Naz/Sent.

Rock on! Feel free to stop around and discuss.

Love to see pics of the guitar in the Guitar room, or maybe a sound clip!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X