No announcement yet.

Mounting Duncan P90’s in Tom Anderson ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting Duncan P90’s in Tom Anderson ?

How do I mount the Duncan’s to the pick guard on the Anderson? I think the body’s to thin to take the screws and the Anderson p90’s are same size but mounting is to pick guard not screwed to body. Thxs any help

Which specific model do you have?

Are you mounting soapbar or dog-ear P-90s?
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Soapbar

Comment

i dont think ive seen that before so im not sure. soapbars usually have two screws to the body, sounds like the andersons have a different design

Comment

Originally posted by jamme61
          Tried to post a picture - didn’t work- the Anderson soap bars attach to the pickgaurd with three screws

Looks to me like they use some sort of separate bracket. They bolt the P90 to the bracket with the normal 2 mounting screws and then they attach the bracket to the pickguard.

Contact Anderson Guitarworks and ask them about the bracket.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230922-095650_Chrome.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	6249858
          JC
          -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
          -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
          -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
          -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
          -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
          -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

You could also try a dogear baseplate. They have the side screw mounts.
            JC
            -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
            -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
            -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
            -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
            -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
            -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

yeah, looks like they are using the two normal p90 mounting screws/holes to mount to the bracket. if thats the case, you should be able to swap pups pretty easily as long as the spacing is the same

Comment

Thanks there on the way that would be great thanks

yea found a picture of one - does look like they add a bracket - https://images.reverb.com/image/uplo...kesvar8oip.jpg
                Last edited by jamme61; 09-22-2023, 10:23 AM.

Comment

should be easy enough for ya then! good luck with it. what p90s ya putting in?

Comment

not sure yet - the guitar came with noiseless PH series pickups - (bought guitar used) Im switching to the PQ series- which is still andersons noiseless but soapbar style pickup - If I don't like these, i'd like to try some non noiseless p90's - I don't play with a lot of gain so, I don't need noiseless - and I'd like more variety with what pickups I can put in the guitar. Thanks for the time and help on this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X