Treble Bleed value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treble Bleed value

What's a good capacitor value for a simple treble bleed for a SSS Tele with a 250k volume and tone combo?

I'm not interested in adding any resistors just a quick and dirty capacitor.

200pf range is about even to my ear. 100 range maintains some treble but darkens a bit as you turn down. 300 range is if you like it bright. And 400+ is mega bright.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Take your pick:

Kinman 1.2nF + 130kΩ series
      Suhr 680pF + 150kΩ parallel
      Fralin 2200pF + 220kΩ parallel
      G&L – 200 pF (no resistor)
      Bill Lawrence – 330 pF capacitor & 80 kΩ parallel
      Seymour Duncan – 1nF capacitor & 100 kΩ parallel

Comment

I think Fender uses a simple 180 pF on Wolfgangs
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55

He said he didn't want to deal with resistors you foo of foos.
          Then leave out the resister. But seeing that list, you might notice that it takes both to really work. Sometimes people ask for things that aren't going to work.

Comment

That's why you tell him what values work for cap only, like I did. Not give him cap + resistor combos when he didn't ask for them, and when the cap values will be too high if you remove the resistor. Cap + resistor combos have higher cap values than cap only.
            I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
              That's why you tell him what values work for cap only, like I did. Not give him cap + resistor combos when he didn't ask for them, and when the cap values will be too high if you remove the resistor. Cap + resistor combos have higher cap values than cap only.
              Then he can use the one I posted that doesn't use a resistor as an option. (Appears to be the same you posted. What is your problem?) Cap alone doesn't work well. Part of this conversation is educating - these posts will be here for other people beyond the OP that have the same question.

Comment

I bought them for you

Comment

the Kinman is the one better sounding to my ears with my strats and tele, I have it everywhere

Comment

im not a fan usually, but i have one guitar that has a either 150k or 180k in there and it works as good as anything ive heard

Comment

It’s easy to end up with a single cap treble bleed that is too bright. Ibanez use a 330pf as a single component. I would suggest trying this and even 220pf. 220pf is my favourite, but I have a series resistor as well. I used the same value with both 250k and 500k controls, but it will be a more subtle effect with a 250k volume control.
                      Last edited by Teleplayer; 09-29-2023, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X