Noise/hum after pickup changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise/hum after pickup changed

Hi,does anyone ever had a problem like me?I keep had a noise/hum from my two or four guitars after pickup changed,I changed them to seymour duncan,weird things is the guitars was okay with factory stock pickups,already checked all the wiring and the ground,even wiring by some professionals the noise/hum still there,bought it to my friends home noise still there LOL

usually, some issue on ground wire not connected or a bad soldering. does the noise disappear if you touch the strings?

Comment

No,noise still there even I touch the string or bridge

Comment

Could the jack be wired backwards?
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

What are the pickups? What wiring diagram were you following?

Comment

Does the noise get quieter when you roll down the volume pot? Does it change in tone when you roll off the tone pot?
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Pretty sure to wired the jack right,its a duckbucker on neck that noise,yeah npose gets quieter when I roll down the volume it has no tone only 2 humbucker 1 master volume and 3 way toggle switch

Comment

If you can, take several pics and upload them here. Maybe there is something we can see.

Comment

Duckbucker has to be wired in parallel to work right.

Comment

Just tried to wired the duckbucker directly to output jack and hum is still there,but tried with parallel wiring and the hum goes away,but I love the sound of series wiring,does duckbucker only meant to be in parallel only?

Comment

I never wired it in series, so I am not sure how well it cancels hum that way. Maybe someone else here? It is a dead quiet pickup in parallel, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vampirock View Post
                        Just tried to wired the duckbucker directly to output jack and hum is still there,but tried with parallel wiring and the hum goes away,but I love the sound of series wiring,does duckbucker only meant to be in parallel only?
                        The Duckbucker Strat (SDBR-1) is a vintage output, single-coil sized humbucker that is specifically voiced for total Strat quack.

"The Duckbucker is a single-coil sized humbucker designed to be wired in parallel to give you a vintage, sparkly, single-coil tone without any hum."

Comment

Working...
                        X