banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crunch Lab + single + Liquifire, best wiring setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crunch Lab + single + Liquifire, best wiring setup?

I got a use Crunch Lab/Liquifire set a few years ago and they guitar I bought to put them in had an EMG 57/60 set, which is quite good.

I'm going to wire the set into my 22 fret s540, which has a middle coil slot. I want to use the middle coil (because its there), but its not a RWRP so there isn't any benefit in doing the JEM wiring.

What is the most useful setup? Im thinking

1) bridge
    2) bridge parallel
    3) middle single
    4) neck parallel
    5) neck

I have a superswitch and a standard low profile 5 way that would fit. I also have a push/pull pot.

I might just go with the regular 5 way and a push/pull. What is the best setup you can do with a standard 5 way and a push/pull, that also uses the middle single coil?

1) bridge (pull to split)
    2) bridge/middle (pull to split)
    3) middle
    4) neck/middle (pull to split)
    5) neck (pull to split)

In this configuration, would positions 2 and 4 be noise cancelling in split mode?
    Last edited by Top-L; 10-03-2023, 11:36 AM.

you can wire them to be humcancelling when split in the notch positions, im not sure of the polarity to tell you which coils you need to make that happen though.

id probably go normal 5way and p/p to split but either could be cool

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      you can wire them to be humcancelling when split in the notch positions, im not sure of the polarity to tell you which coils you need to make that happen though.

id probably go normal 5way and p/p to split but either could be cool
      I just did that with my evo set in another guitar. The middle pickup needs to be RWRP when combined with a coil from the adjacent humbucker.

I'm thinking on this guitar, just go with standard 5-way so I can get the middle+hb sound in 2 and 4. Then use the PP to split the humbuckers.

Comment

I'm just going to wire it like a standard Ibanez. 2 and 4 are hum cancelling. I checked and the stock middle ibanez pickup is reverse polarity.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
          I'm just going to wire it like a standard Ibanez. 2 and 4 are hum cancelling. I checked and the stock middle ibanez pickup is reverse polarity.
          This is what I would do.
          Or get a six position Freeway switch and get crazy.

Comment

Working...
          X