Seymour duncan and fender pickups together: the out of phase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour duncan and fender pickups together: the out of phase question

Hello everybody I am pretty sure this topic was covered somewhere but can't find my exact situation so here it goes:

I have a 2 pickups guitar with a seymour duncan five-two rwrp in the neck and a fender telecaster texas special in the bridge (I dont know if he is rwrp), both pickups have the yellow soldered to the 3 way switch and the black wire on the ground:
    I am wondering if the texas special is out of phase because he has almost 2 times less volume than the seymour duncan, the disto/output is really low compares to the five-two and when I select this pickup to me he just sound thin and weak compared to the five-two

Is it possible to have only one pickup out of phase? There dont seem to be any problem with the five-two

What is wrong with me and life in general?!?!?!

Thank you
    Attached Files

No, 1 singlecoil pickup by itself can't be out of phase......this relationship describes the waveforms of 2 signals when combined.

Sounds like the TS is damaged - best get out the multimeter and check the K reading it shows vs the Fender spec.

Comment

Yes, the 'out of phase' sound relates to 2 pickups on together. I would agree to check the TS to see what it reads- it should easily be loud enough to balance. BTW, the Five Two is a great pickup in the neck!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thank you for the logic responses, is it possible that I damaged the TS pickup when I passed the wires trough the guitar body? And I may have butchered the thing by installing it on a metal plate that mimic a telecaster bridge and then screwed the the plate and pickup into a plastic plate made for putting a single coil into a square hole made for humbuckers?

Comment

if you have a tester you could measure the pickup resistance, it must be around 6K, in case it was good it could be a bad solder too, double check the connections, try to solder again the pickup wires, even if they look good

Comment

Yeah, the only way to know if you damaged it is to measure it. Then you would know if it is behaving properly.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X