Seth Lover install wiring Nashville tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Lover install wiring Nashville tele

Hello, first post. Hope someone can point me in the right direction please. I am thinking of installing a Seth lover in my 2022 mim Nashville tele. There is a pre routed hole that fits. However, there is a braided cable from the lover and white black and green from the tele. Is this even possible?

any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Andrew

The braided cable looks too short to reach the control cavity. You could splice the ground from the old pickup to the shielded braid of the Seth and the hot from the old pickup to the central conductor of the Seth. It works, but I'm not a fan of splicing like that.

Comment

Yep, braid on the Seth connects to ground, and the black center wire connects to your switch.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Exactly what I was looking for. Yes I stupidly cut it short I do have another piece if need be.

Comment

Also, it might be out of phase with the Fender pickups. To solve this easily, swap the hot and ground on the Fender pickups.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X