banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Winter pickups and Blackened Black Winter pickups... how do they differ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Winter pickups and Blackened Black Winter pickups... how do they differ?

Black Winter pickups and Blackened Black Winter pickups... how do they differ?

Do not be wise in words - be wise in deeds.

The look. The Blackened is thr same pickuo with blacked out font and slugs/screws.
    The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by El Dunco View Post
      The look. The Blackened is thr same pickuo with blacked out font and slugs/screws.
      Thanks! I would guess that the different polepieces make a slight change in tone. What do you guys think? Anyone tried both pickups?

Do not be wise in words - be wise in deeds.

Comment

I would suppose the double allen screws would make it tighter and brighter.

I had the BBW once, but I sold it. I don't know what the deal was with mine, but it was lower output than my regular BW. My regular black winter also measures 15-ish on the meter, and my BBW measured 16. I'm sure it's all within tolerance, but I had no way of explaining the lower output.
        Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 10-28-2023, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I have BW in an older Ibanez Roadster, it was in my Strat, and BBW in my SG as different as those guitars are they sound pretty much the same. Nothing, a subtle tweak of a knob could not change.

Comment

Two rows of Allen screw and some cosmetic. Tonewise they seem brighter than the regular production to my ears. I had them in a schecter km6 mk1. The guitar came with those pickups installed. Great clarity even if under high gain. I found extremely beautiful the neck pickup. I sold the guitar but I regret not having them still with me

Comment

Working...
            X