Opposite my Dimarzio SDS-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opposite my Dimarzio SDS-1

I want to go with this beefed up bridge, & need a middle pos pup that'll give me some quack in #2 pos.... simple,, 2 pup guard, bridge & middle.... Dimarzio or otherwise...
    thanks ॐ​

The Five Two is a great middle pickup.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

for quack, id go ssl1. though the 5/2 is a great pup. youre only gonna get so much quack with the sds1, also a great pup, but fat! once you get em installed and get the sds1 set where ya want it, play with the height of the middle pup to maximize quack

Comment

This is where I actually like cheap singles, with no magnet bevel as found on some imports like the Ibanez S1 single. Bright and somewhat brittle sounding, it will add some complexity and quack to the Dimarzio.

If you’d like a Dimarzio then the True Velvet Middle is probably their best chance. If money was no object I actually wind a single with a special wire type to maximize the in between quack, it’s a high purity 41AWG that will read in the 3kDCR range but is as loud as any vintage single.

Comment

WELL, i DO have an SSL2, a 5-2, as well as some cheapo pulls & I'm game for trying anything.... AGAIN, I'm looking for my quack to come from the #2 position, not necessarily the middle on it's own.... thnx guyz

Comment

Working...
          X