banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with Peg City pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    My pickups shipped. I am going to put the Angry Widows in my SG and move the BBW set to my Les Paul lite.
    Let me know how you like them, man.

I'm still wanting to try their hot single coil to match with my Distortion in the bridge.

Comment

My pickups showed up they look beautiful. I am in the studio all weekend so I will not have a chance to install them and check them out until next week but I can't wait.

Comment

I love smooth top covers, but hate that you can't get at the poles...
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          I love smooth top covers, but hate that you can't get at the poles...
          He makes both options and open coils. I opted for form over function, I am not one to play with my poles much. They are going in my black SG so I think you know where I am heading with this.

Last edited by Securb; 02-02-2024, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Excellent.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

My pickups showed up they look beautiful. I am in the studio all weekend so I will not have a chance to install them and check them out until next week but I can't wait.

Well, they do look very neat and well made!

Comment

I am not one to play with poles much.
                That's not what I heard.

Comment

I got them in and at first blush they sound and look cool. I need to get the height failed in and EQ my amp a bit more. But so far so good.

Comment

They look great in that SG. I don't know why covered pickups without screws aren't more popular...they are fantastic.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I got them in and at first blush they sound and look cool. I need to get the height failed in and EQ my amp a bit more. But so far so good.
                      They look amazing. Very Tony Iommi vibe.

What are your initial impressions compared to the BBW's?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                        They look amazing. Very Tony Iommi vibe.

What are your initial impressions compared to the BBW's?
                        I have actually been calling the guitar Phony Iommi.

I do not think the BW is a good comparative seeing the BW is ceramic and the Angry Widow is an A8. At first blush I am digging it but I do have dial it in a bit more. This is my first interaction with an A8 and I am noticing it needs to be backed off from the strings a bit more. With the amp settings, I have right now, it is aggressive and a bit raw, in a good way. It is definitely voiced differently than anything else I have in the stable.

Comment

Got my review up

Comment

Interesting review!

How would you find they compare to the usual suspects? Meaning Duncan Distortion, JB, BW, etc., especially in terms of output.

Comment

Output: I would put them in the same range; tonally, they are an A8, so the mids are raw and gritty, which is not everyone's cup of tea. I did not have anything in my arsenal with those characteristics, so I am thrilled with them. When I was playing them I instantly thought of Kyuss.

Comment

Output: I would put them in the same range; tonally, they are an A8, so the mids are raw and gritty, which is not everyone's cup of tea. I did not have anything in my arsenal with those characteristics, so I am thrilled with them. When I was playing them I instantly thought of Kyuss.
                                Yeah, I don't think they'd be the pickups for me when you say Kyuss or the second to last paragraph where you mention "With an Angry Widow set, you’ll experience heightened output, increased low mids, and a smoother treble response. The bass presence is substantial."

They sound like they'd be darker/fatter sludgy pickups, then?
                                Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-12-2024, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X