Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nazgul and Sentient swap

Hi guys,
    I have a Nazgul and Sentient set in my Ibanez SIR27, and even if I have some fun with it I think it's too much for me. I do play huge metal but I think it sounds a bit too mean.
    The custom 8 in my LP 6 string for drop C is my perfect sound.

So I wanted to know if I should try swaping the magnets of those pickups : the a5 of the sentient into the nazgul and a classic ceramic from a paf pro 7 into the sentient.

Do you think it's a good idea ?

Here's a link to my thread from a few years back, about the Nazgul:

Edit: Check the second photo on page two, if you want to cut to the chase...
    Last edited by Sun King; 02-14-2024, 08:50 PM.
    Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Natural Gloss), Custom/59-A4
    Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Cat's Eye Pearl), Black Winter/Sentient-A2
    Schecter Blackjack SLS, Full Shred/Jazz
    Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

One thing to note is that if the Nazgul has a thick Ceramic magnet and the Sentient, to my knowledge, has a regular thickness A5. What you should expect is a drop in output and a somewhat "softer" bass response. It's not going to be a night and day difference but it'll reign in the output of the pickup and make it a bit warmer.
      The Sentient should get a bit more output, but it's quite a "cold", clinical sounding pickup so the Ceramic magnet migjt make take it one step further!

Comment

I say go for it! JB and Distortion models are both great but rock different magnets. I bet a Nazgul with A5 would be cool.

Just curious, what is a classic ceramic? Different thickness or length? Thanks!

Comment

Thx everyone for the replies !

I Saw the pictures of the nazgul without the tape and yeah... Seems like it's risky...
          I think I won't mod it, and I'll keep it like that, I'm getting use to it now and it's getting better and better
          Originally posted by AllHailDIO View Post
          I say go for it! JB and Distortion models are both great but rock different magnets. I bet a Nazgul with A5 would be cool.

Just curious, what is a classic ceramic? Different thickness or length? Thanks!
          I wanted to say a standard size ceramic !
          Last edited by Tomatofu; 02-20-2024, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X