Yet another "new" switch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another "new" switch.

Again, maybe everyone already knows about this, but if not . . . here's a "skinny" Superswitch. I've never seen this before. Could allow a Superswitch to be used in tight places.

Provides the most flexibility of any 5-way switch on the market. Narrow design fits Telecasters as well as Stratocasters.

nice. a smaller form factor of a great switch!

Comment

Oh cool! I have never seen this particular version.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not bad, not bad at all. Yet, the Schaller M-switch is even smaller, so why go for this instead of the schaller?

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          Not bad, not bad at all. Yet, the Schaller M-switch is even smaller, so why go for this instead of the schaller?
          It's a fine point, but the Schaller contacts are under a cover. You need to use their diagrams. This one allows you (me) to figure it out.

That probably wasn't a good argument.

Comment

yea I needed a shorter one not a thinner one a while back

the m-switch looked good but was half the price of the guitar

dang it
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
              the m-switch looked good but was half the price of the guitar
              I think I have more than one guitar, where the CTS pots, and Switchcraft switch, cost more than the guitar. And no regrets. I love 'em.

Comment

That's a nice looking switch. I like the quality of that brand. The only megaswitch I have an used is Type E from Stewmac. Works fine and I was able to get the switching options I wanted. I have to say, I've never had a Oak-Grigsby lever switch fail.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

It's a fine point, but the Schaller contacts are under a cover. You need to use their diagrams. This one allows you (me) to figure it out.

That probably wasn't a good argument.
                  No, the M switch is also a 4 pole switch that allows you the exact same wirings as this one.

Comment

I'll look into that. Thanks.

Comment

That looks great. But as was said, the height is the main problem with superswitches not the width. Also, at $23 I'm not inclined to use it.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

ok so the front only shows the twelve contacts

I imagine the other twelve are on the back of the wafer when you flip it over?

EHD
                        Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                        RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                        SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                        Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                        Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                        Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                        Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                        GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                        X