59C / Hybrid for a Telecaster ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 59C / Hybrid for a Telecaster ?

Is it possible to make a 59C/ Hybrid for a single coil slot but now put it in a Tele bridge mount?
    From what I see in pics the two bobbins are molded together.

You would have to go to the custom shop
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Yeah custom shop, but even then i never had lil Bucker that actually is a good representation of a full sized one.

I think the Dimarzio ChopperT has uneven coils (Not suggesting that it sounds anything like the C/59 hybrid or doesn't).
      Its the only single sized humbucker i kept so far. It still has some nice brightness, which the Lil 59 lacked in comparison, and some growl you expect from a humbucker.

The duncan lil buckers (because of the higher inductance and small magnet?) are very compressed, dark and middy compared to a full sized humbucker.
      Of course if you install it in a bright guitar (tele/strat) it might be of similiar brightness like a full sized in a warm guitar, but it's still totally different.
      If they would go for the same tone, but without matching the output of the fullsized ones, i would give them a second chance.
      Last edited by ToneFiddler; 02-23-2024, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Yeah, mini buckers are the Coke Zero of the pickup world. People like them, but don't expect a perfect representation of the full sized one
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Yeah, mini buckers ...
          It's lil, jr. or single coils sized humbuckers.
          minis are something else...

besides that, i agree

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post
            Yeah custom shop, but even then i never had lil Bucker that actually is a good representation of a full sized one.

I think the Dimarzio ChopperT has uneven coils (Not suggesting that it sounds anything like the C/59 hybrid or doesn't).
            Its the only single sized humbucker i kept so far. It still has some nice brightness, which the Lil 59 lacked in comparison, and some growl you expect from a humbucker.

The duncan lil buckers (because of the higher inductance and small magnet?) are very compressed, dark and middy compared to a full sized humbucker.
            Of course if you install it in a bright guitar (tele/strat) it might be of similiar brightness like a full sized in a warm guitar, but it's still totally different.
            If they would go for the same tone, but without matching the output of the fullsized ones, i would give them a second chance.
            Yes, I totally agree with everything ToneFiddler said. I'm also not a fan of the single-sized buckers for the same reasons.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by ToneFiddler View Post

It's lil, jr. or single coils sized humbuckers.
              minis are something else...

besides that, i agree
              I was just about going to post exactly the same thing.

Comment

In order to see what is possible, I'd contact the Custom Shop, and see if they can suggest how you might achieve this. Just say that you are after the sound of the 59/Custom Hybrid in a Tele bridge size, and let them figure out if it is possible and how to go about it.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

^ yeah, it's good to know what your options are so you can make an informed decision. Doesn't hurt to ask.

Comment

I'll give the CS a call and see what MJ can do, thanks everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by JB6464 View Post
                      I'll give the CS a call and see what MJ can do, thanks everyone.
                      Let us know what she says!
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                      X