Fake slash 2.0 pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fake slash 2.0 pickups?

Hi. Im new at the forum. Today I got a set of slash pickups from ebay. I opened the package and both pickups look new except these have different cable colors that don’t look like the one slash 2.0 should have. Not braided ground. Can you please help me identify these if these are original seymour duncan or if I got scammed? I noticed that in the corner front there is an scrap in both pickups like someone scrapped them to erase a logo or something. Here are the pics.

Not Duncans, sorry

Comment

Originally posted by bassplayer1980 View Post
      Hi. Im new at the forum. Today I got a set of slash pickups from ebay. I opened the package and both pickups look new except these have different cable colors that don’t look like the one slash 2.0 should have. Not braided ground. Can you please help me identify these if these are original seymour duncan or if I got scammed? I noticed that in the corner front there is an scrap in both pickups like someone scrapped them to erase a logo or something. Here are the pics.
      Counterfeit product! Report ASAP!
      Check out my solo singer/songwriter/guitarist work on Facebook!
      Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Definitely not Duncans.

Get your money back and report the seller.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Also, I want to link back to the thread for these questions: Is this a real Seymour Duncan?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Looks like a generic 'anything buckers' made in China, Ali Express distributed, etc. I think I've only seen wires from all four corners on Fender pickups, and inexpensive Chinese made replicas. I haven't seen a Duncan with that configuration (though Duncan did some pickups for Fender/EVH years back, but I thought those were single braided lead wire.)

It would be interesting to know the DCR to see if they even bothered to get close to what they claim they are copying.

Comment

Working...
            X