banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pickup suggestions for Baritone Telecaster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup suggestions for Baritone Telecaster?

I recently acquired a Squier Baritone Telecaster for a super low price with the intent to mod it a bit. I'm interested in upgrading the pickups to something more useful for harder/aggressive drop tunings. The neck is routed to accept humbuckers, but the bridge is not and I don't think I'll be routing it, etc., so that's a little limiting, as I want something hum-cancelling and wound hot, but in a Tele bridge configuration.

Currently thinking of going with Seymour Duncan Hot Rail in the bridge, with a Sentient in the neck. Basically, I want them to be (1) hum-cancelling, (2) hot, but not muddy (i.e. able to keep drop-A tuning sound tight). Also going to swap to 500k pots, if relevant.

Suggestions welcome!​

Welcome to the forum!

You might check out the Hot Stack Tele. It has more clarity than the Hot Rails, so it might be a better match with the Sentient, which certainly has some treble there. The Hot Stack isn't as hot as the Hot Rails either, and could never be described as muddy.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If you do decide to go for a Hot Rails, I'd recommend 1 Meg pots.

The Hot Rails is not bassy, but it's really dark. So if you want clarity for low tunings, you want to squeeze the most treble that you can from it.

I recommend you look at the DiMarzio offerings too. The Super Distortion T is pretty good-sounding as well. Not as hot as the Hot Rails, but not as dark either.

Comment

Working...
      X