Seymour Duncan JB TB4 - wiring scheme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan JB TB4 - wiring scheme

Hi everyone, my name is Daniele and this is my first message.
    Do someone kindly have a wiring scheme to install a Seymour Duncan JB TB4 at the bridge in a Fender Stratocaster american ultra (SSH configuration)?

The Fender Stratocaster ultra has a “5-way super switch” and an S-1 volume control switch.
    Thank you very much

welcome to the forum! i assume there are four colored wires coming off the current fender pup. the bare wire always goes to ground. i dont know how the color codes match up between fender and duncan off the top of my head, but i think this is accurate?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1603095601?v=1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	6272283

Comment

thanks Jeremy, my stratocaster originally has 3 single coil pickups, and I'm going to replace the single coil at the bridge with a humbacker, so I don't know where to solder the 4 cables coming out of the pup.

Comment

Are you sure it has a 'super switch'? You said you had an HSS but then said you had 3 single coils. Nothing in either switching description indicated a super switch would be needed. For the HSS the S-1 splits the humbucker, and for the SSS the S-1 just turns on the neck in all positions, the 5-way switch just does normal Strat 5-way switching.

I believe to match Fender pickups, the Duncan would need to be wired out of phase. So red+white soldered together and covered, green to hot and black to ground. But someone who has recently mixed Duncans with Fender noiseless will have check me on that.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
          Are you sure it has a 'super switch'? You said you had an HSS but then said you had 3 single coils. Nothing in either switching description indicated a super switch would be needed. For the HSS the S-1 splits the humbucker, and for the SSS the S-1 just turns on the neck in all positions, the 5-way switch just does normal Strat 5-way switching.

I believe to match Fender pickups, the Duncan would need to be wired out of phase. So red+white soldered together and covered, green to hot and black to ground. But someone who has recently mixed Duncans with Fender noiseless will have check me on that.
          You're right, I described the situation badly in the first post. I explain to you:
          the guitar originally had an SSS configuration, it becomes hss by replacing the single coil at the bridge with the Saymour Duncan​

Comment

is this the current mia ultra? if so i dont think it has a super 5 way, but does have the s1. currently, i believe the s1 is wired to just add the neck pup in the bridge or bridge/middle positions.

if you want to keep that same configuration, red+white soldered together and covered, green to hot and black to ground, sounds correct.

the s1 switch is capable of more than just that so you do have options

Comment

Aren't modern Fenders still out of phase with Duncans?
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

yes as far as i know, which is why we flipped green and black (normal would be black to hot, green to ground)

Comment

Thanks so much everyone, I found all the answers in this old post. I'll paste the link in case it's useful to anyone. Hello everybody.
                  Hey Gents, I'm going to be rewiring my 96 American Standard Strat into an HSS next week when all the parts finally come in. I'm going to do the wiring diagram below, (Vol for Humbucker, Vol for Middle and Neck and Master tone) I'm going to be using a Fender S1 switch for the Humbucker Volume...
                  Last edited by Danteodosi; 02-29-2024, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X