banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any idea which Seymour Duncan pickup this is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea which Seymour Duncan pickup this is?

I had the original pickups replaced in this guitar (my first guitar fyi) with a pair of Seymour Duncan humbuckers back in like 2003.

I recently picked this guitar up again and found I love the sound and chug of this bridge pickup.

However, I have no idea which model of SD pickup it is, which sucks because l'd love to get another to put in the bridge of my Strat. Any help is appreciated.

A black baseplate is fairly rare, and without a sticker, I have no idea. However, if we knew the DCR of the pickup (read it on a multimeter), we could narrow it down.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      A black baseplate is fairly rare, and without a sticker, I have no idea. However, if we knew the DCR of the pickup (read it on a multimeter), we could narrow it down.
      Baseplate doesn't look black to me, just dark from the shadows, due to the angle of the photo. If the sticker fell off, it's probably in the guitar. Somewhere.

Comment

Also a chance it was just removed
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Baseplate doesn't look black to me, just dark from the shadows, due to the angle of the photo. If the sticker fell off, it's probably in the guitar. Somewhere.
          On my big PC I can see it better. Yeah, I think you are right.

Comment

dc resistance will narrow it down. magnet type would as well but unless you have a gauss meter, youd need to take the cover off and look at the magnet itself to know that

Comment

I was able to find the original receipt and it was a Seymour Duncan JB! 20 or so years later and I'm still in love with this pickup's sound!

Comment

nice! the jb does what it does better than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by JediCrackSmoke View Post
                  I was able to find the original receipt and it was a Seymour Duncan JB! 20 or so years later and I'm still in love with this pickup's sound!
                  Does the guitar have a neck pickup, and if so..what is it?

Comment

Working...
                  X