Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSS Strat with 3 volume pot - The squier paranormal super-sonic imitation

Hello everybody,

I am wondering about a wiring mod and I don't know if it is possible, I didn't found the wiring diagram on the net yet.
    I have near 0 experience in humbucking wiring (I wired the duckbucker in parralel once and put it in the middle position of my strat...). I dont really know how they work and the wiring possibilities.

Can I have a HSS Strat with 3 volume pots (one for each pickup) and blend them like we can do with the middle position on the Squier Paranormal Super-sonic 3-way switch ?
    The squier guitar is HH and I think the middle position on the 3-way switch put the two humbucker in parralel, then you have a volume pot for each humbucker so you can blend and choose how much of each you want.

So what I would like to do is : Wire the HSS pickups of a strat so each pickup would be connected to his own volume pot.
    And then wire the pickups like the 7 sound strat mod so I could go to position 4 (activating the bridge humbucker and the middle single coil in parralel) on the 5-way switch and activate a push/pull that would connect the neck single coil so all of the pickups would be activated at the same time.
    Will I achieve to blend in parralel the neck single coil, the middle single coil and the bridge humbucker at the same time and decide how they blend with their own respective volume pots?

Or can I use a push/pull to connect the neck and middle single coils in series (both wired to the same volume pot) plus somehow activate the bridge humbucker, connected to his own volume pot, and blend them how I want ? More or less like the Squier Paranormal Super-sonic ?

Does it all worth it or it would sound really bad ?
    Or should I just get the Squier guitar ...

Thank you

Originally posted by ThomasP View Post
    Can I have a HSS Strat with 3 volume pots (one for each pickup) and blend them like we can do with the middle position on the Squier Paranormal Super-sonic 3-way switch ?
    No. You can't do a passive mixer. Well, you can, but it won't produce the results you want. You need an active mixer. (Requires power.) And I don't think that's what you want to do.

Comment

As long as each volume is between the pickup and the switch, you can do it. I had a 3-PU Firebird wired this way. I didn't have a blade switch, so the toggle flipped between bridge and neck and the third volume faded the middle in and out. I wouldn't have all three on for an HSS. That would be mud city IMHO.

Comment

Working...
      X