Prewired pickguard tone pot issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prewired pickguard tone pot issue

Hi all! I recently installed the custom stack liberator prewired pickguard. The middle knob/neck pickup tone control isn't working at all. Turning it all the way up or down doesn't change anything, but the pickup is working and it sounds like the signal is going through the pot but stuck rolled all the way off. It's very low/bass sounding and kind of wolfy, almost liked a wah pedal left cocked back.

This is my first experience with a liberator, wondering if anyone knows exactly what I did wrong, or if it's just a bad pot? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

My first bet is that the legs of the tone cap are not insulated and it's touching ground before the input of the pot.

Comment

These two connectors on the pot were very close to each other so I bent them apart a bit, but still no change. I think the tone cap looks ok?

Comment

Meant to post pic...

Comment

Looks ok. Can't tell what's going on with the push-pull right next to it. Looks like the cavity is all shielded. My only other thought would be something is touching that shield when it's all packed into the guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Looks ok. Can't tell what's going on with the push-pull right next to it. Looks like the cavity is all shielded. My only other thought would be something is touching that shield when it's all packed into the guitar.
            I've had that happen before. Drove me crazy till I figured it out.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've had that happen in the tighter confines of a Tele. Is the tone pot case grounded? Hard to tell in that pic.

Comment

Agree, if the back of that tone pot is not grounded it won't work.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                X