Slash 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash 2.0

Over the weekend I installed a set of the Slash 2.0 pickups in my Les Paul Standard. I always liked the original Slash set, but definitely agree with the man when he said sometimes you want "more." The 2.0 definitely gives you more. The bridge pickup has some additional heat but is also fatter sounding. It will definitely chug. lol! The neck pickup didn't really change the much to my ears. You still get that syrupy neck lead tone that you want out of a good Les Paul. Overall, I think this is a great set of rock pickups. I liked them so much I ordered a second set for another Les Paul. If you are looking for a fat overwound PAF tone, definitely give these a try.
    2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
    2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
    2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Thank you for the review! I was always curious about them, but never had a chance to try.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

ive been interested as well, but dont really have a place to put em

Comment

I was kinda disappointed over the original Slash, TBH. I was using PAF-types back then, and I really liked the '59B and, to a lesser extent, the WLH. I tried the Slash thinking it would be hot and fat, and it was neither. I'd love to hear how the 2.0's address this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
          I was kinda disappointed over the original Slash, TBH. I was using PAF-types back then, and I really liked the '59B and, to a lesser extent, the WLH. I tried the Slash thinking it would be hot and fat, and it was neither. I'd love to hear how the 2.0's address this.
          To me, the Slash 1.0 is like an A2 Pro with more top end snarl. The 2.0 is fat and warm with just the right amount of top end to it. I got instant Eric Steckel vibes when I first plugged the guitar in. My LP Standard has always been a really good sounding guitar, but I can’t help but smile when I play it with these pickups.
          2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
          2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
          2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

Originally posted by SFW View Post
            To me, the Slash 1.0 is like an A2 Pro with more top end snarl. The 2.0 is fat and warm with just the right amount of top end to it.
            the APH-2s seem to be the right ones for me than.
            Never had a problem fattening up a PU, but in 10:1 cases I like the extra brightness

Comment

Working...
            X