No announcement yet.

New To Wiring And Could Use Some Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note that that diagram has a flaw. The Vol/Tone should connect to the black dot on the upper section, far left. Nothing needs to be connected to the bottom half. And yes, a push-push connects exactly the same as a push-pull.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Note that that diagram has a flaw. The Vol/Tone should connect to the black dot on the upper section, far left. Nothing needs to be connected to the bottom half. And yes, a push-push connects exactly the same as a push-pull.

I stumbled on this--safe to assume this will do what I need it to? Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	33
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	6275347 zz0.t2l634d3wlzz

Comment

Assuming you still want two tone controls per your first post, try this. I swapped some wiring around on the switch to get the tone controls you wanted. It’s your choice which pots get the push/push. The “neck on” switch is self- explanatory. The other switch splits the bridge humbucker and engages the resistor. So with the bridge split push/push “down” you get humbucker mode and all pickups see the full 500K volume pot. With the push/push “up” you get the bridge split and all pickups “see” 250K volume pot.
        Attached Files
        Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

Originally posted by MikeS View Post
          Assuming you still want two tone controls per your first post, try this. I swapped some wiring around on the switch to get the tone controls you wanted. It’s your choice which pots get the push/push. The “neck on” switch is self- explanatory. The other switch splits the bridge humbucker and engages the resistor. So with the bridge split push/push “down” you get humbucker mode and all pickups see the full 500K volume pot. With the push/push “up” you get the bridge split and all pickups “see” 250K volume pot.

You rock!!!

Time to start gathering the pots and caps and I'm good to go. Pickup should be arriving today. I'll keep you guys updated.

Comment

Working...
          X