Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding some pickups for my PRS SE Tremonti

Sorry if it’s a long read.
    First off I didn’t buy this guitar to try and sound like Tremonti at all, I just really liked the way it looked. I’m trying to go after the nu-metal type of tone like POD. I know the guitarist most likely used the stock 85/15 PRs pickups but I’m not going to spend that type of money. Although if possible I would like to get ia similar sounding pickups. I have a les paul that I’ve tried many different pickup set in and some sounded great and some horrible. My favorites were the 59a4 / custom 5 and 59jazz a4 / pgcustom a5. The sounded awesome. I’ve tried both sets in my prs. The 59 and custom5 sounded trebly and boomy lacking in the low mids. The hybrids sounded better but still trebly and lacking in lows and low mids. So apparently this particular guitar is on the brighter side. I was thinking about throwing a a2 mag in a jazz and a2 mag in the custom. Currently I have the wlh set in my les Paul. I’m even considering swapping those into the prs because they warmer sounding in the lp. I no longer have my hybrids because I put them back to stock for a different guitar.
    what does you guys think and suggestions to try and warm up the prs
    There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid mistakes!

Schecter Hellraiser solo-6 and solo-6FR, Schecter C-1EX,
    Edwards LP Lemon drop, ES-335 copy, Fender Telecaster
    Boss GT-10
    Rocktron Velocity 300
    Two custom built 2x12 cabs with V-30 & G12T-75's in each cab
    Marshall Mode Four/MF 400 cab
    AMT Legend series pedals V1, F1, R1, E1, M1, P1, D2 and growing

I think if you have a jazz and a custom, and a few A2 mags, it is worth trying. You might not like the low end if you are used to things being tighter, though.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

IMO, the Termonti sound is pretty Nu Metal.

But whatever. Rather than A2 on the Custom, I'd drop an A8 in there. IMO, A2 is a bit too soft for the heavier styles. JMO, of course. A8 will fatten up those mids for sure without going all soft/spongy like A2.

Comment

Working...
      X